This cold and miserable weather is calling for a hot #ThrowBackThursday, don’t you think?! Two years ago I discovered a tiny island in the Pacific Ocean and for 48 hours, I felt like I had reached heaven. I didn’t know what to expect when I booked this Asian getaway and Carabao island did a great job impressing me.
It is a real pleasure for me to take you this week to Carabao Island, Philippines.
About Carabao Island:
- Politically known as the town of San Jose, Philippines
- Part of the Romblon province
- Is composed of 5 districts (barangays)
- Located an hour away from Boracay Island
Carabao’s island random and funny facts:
- The island is only reachable by boat
- It is the southernmost island
- Primary source of livelihood: fishing
- Carabao is also a swam-type domestic water buffalo, considered as the national animal of the Philippines
If you have only 48 hours on Carabao Island, have fun:
- Listening to the sounds of the waves, sitting on a deserted beach
- Reading and chilling in the sun
- Exploring the unspoiled island on a quad or a motorbike (quite an adventure on their very basic roads)
- Enjoying the sunrise and the sunset very the ocean, breathtaking!
- Fishing on a rustic boat