What is better than celebrating your birthday?! (Drum rolling… Suspense…)
Celebrating it for an entire week! Yep, you heard me well: AN. ENTIRE. WEEK! (Insert overexcitement sounds here. Not to be confused with monkey sounds. Same, same but very different).
I have been treating myself to week-long birthday celebrations for a few years now and I love it (might even be addicted to it but shhhhh!). It makes me feel so special and loved. This concept is actually quite simple and to ensure a successful birthday week, you will need to fulfil the following conditions:
1) Stock up on enthusiasm: it is needed to wake up every day for 7 days and sing “it is my birthday, it is my birthday, whoop, whoop!”. It always seems to somehow put a smile on my face. If you need help with this, ask Will I am.
2) Practice (temporary) ego-centrism: also known as me, me, me, me times. This week should be all about you, yourself and you. After all you still have 358 days remaining to think about others. So to be fair, what are 7 days of being self-centered in a year?! Allow yourself to be excited focussing on yourself (for a change!) for this tiny amount of time.
3) Treat yourself for a week: so many ideas to have a fabulous week! Do nothing (yep this is a good one! Cuppa and feet up, lurvely!), book a spa afternoon, plan some lunch or dinner dates, attend concerts / shows, take a day trip. It is all about having fun!
4) Be ready to commit: you need to make time for yourself, excuses are not an option. This week is yours, you have earned it. Go get it, tiger!
5) Be surrounded by a bunch of good and caring friends: they are an important part of this master plan. Without them it would be a half-celebration! So grateful to have so many lovely people ready to play along and be part of this celebration week!
I am excited about what this week is bringing and the meaning of it. Every year, this week is packed with surprises, love, gratitude and emotions. You should give it a try and who knows?! You might even end up liking it!
Happy trails and remember: Carpe Diem!